Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Relentless

In January of this year, God started having me notice words.  Just one word, a single word that had the potential to impact my day, my week or the rest of my life if I would meditate on it and allow God to use it to penetrate my mind and my heart.  

Relentless is the first word God gave me, and it has been my word for the entire year.


Re•lent•less (ri lent/lis): an attitude or posture that is resolute, 
uncompromising, persistent, unyielding, 
constant, unstoppable, ruthless.  
The opposite of slacken, waver, or concede.



As a follower of Jesus I am called to be resolute in purpose, uncompromising for truth, persistent in faith, unyielding in hope, constant in love, and unstoppable in advancing the kingdom.  God is ruthless in His love and pursuit of me.  Lord, help me be as selfish, as passionate and as relentless in my pursuit of you as you are of me.  Break me Father; of my desire to pursue the things of this world that are fleeting, consume my thoughts and give me momentary satisfaction.  My heart desires to relentlessly follow your heart, empty me of me and fill me with your Spirit to recognize that which has no eternal value.   


In a momentary fit of feigning craftiness I made this:  



It has been my screen saver on my phone and it is currently hanging on my wall, right my by computer monitor, reminding me of I'm called to be relentless.











1 comment:

  1. love your heart and your pursuit to be "Relentless."

    ReplyDelete