Sunday, March 10, 2013

7 Experiment: Food - Day 1


"No man knows how bad he is until he tries very hard to be good.....Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is."  ~ C.S. Lewis


It all started last year when God really began opening my eyes and cleaning out the darkness my heart as he readied me to experience more of him and less of me.  But  He is so sweet to me and sent me a friend, Chrissy,  who is willing to say "yes" more than she says "no".  Yep, together I think we might just be certifiable, and that's is just what I needed!

God said very clearly to me that had so much he wanted to share with me, with all of us actually.  I had to Stop.....

STOP putting God in my box                              STOP looking inward
STOP limiting him                                              STOP seeking & trusting in this world
STOP living like I don't have (fill in the blank)


           STOP for the love of all things just STOP

Whether you believe in God and have accepted or rejected who Jesus says he is, I would find it very hard to believe that for the majority of us that we would not, could not find some area of excess in our lives.  I know that for me even narrowing down my 7 foods was very much a challenge because I so wanted to circumvent AKA manipulate the challenge so that I wouldn't be without.  Shocking........nope, pathetic slap me hard upside the head with this realization a resounding YEP!


You don't have to read the book 7: an experimental mutiny against excess by Jen Hatmaker or even participate in your own experiment, but I do want to encourage to take a good long look at your lifestyle and see if any excess jumps out at you.  I wonder how this experiment is going to change me, I pray for the better.


 My had a dear friend, Mandy, asked me a great question regarding writing a blog, "Are you sure you want to open yourself like that?"  Hmmm, I hadn't thought of it like that before, but I knew that if I didn't put myself out there 'like that' then really what is the point.  So here I go, I am putting my 7 challenge out there on the World Wide Web for the whole world to read.

7 Experiment (Food) 30 day challenge

  1. No coffee (for me it's ALL about the creamers, coffee is honestly an excuse to drink yummy creamers).
  2. No 2nd helpings and again so I can't cheat no excessive 1st helpings either.
  3. No sweets, no candy or desserts. Fresh fruit (not canned) is allowed, I gotta stay sane somehow. :)
  4. No processed white breads or pastas.  Basically nothing with over 5 ingredients.
  5. Two days a week I am only eating egg whites, grilled chicken, black beans, veggies & drinking only water.
  6. No pop.
  7. No creamy sauces or gravies.
Check back in on me from time to time and click on the 7 Experiment label on the right.  And if you are doing own experiment I would love to hear about that too! It will help keep me certifiably sane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment