Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Becoming 2014

Today is the last day of 2013.  
I will say it again, 
Today is the last day 2013.  

My word for 2013 was CHOICES.  What was your word?  Or have you forgotten it as the days have melted together into the blur called 2013?  I've been reflecting on 2013 and I have to smile.  Choices huh? Even through the challenges and growing pains of 2013 God has shown me more about Himself which in turn allows me to see more about myself.  Let me just say that I am far from being the best at making choices, but I make them none the less.

I love this quote from Neil Peart, "If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."

But in my choices for 2013 here are just a few of the things I've learned about myself:

  • I know much less than I thought I did and I'm okay with admitting that.
  • I like iced coffee a little too much.
  • I am braver than I knew, but not as brave as I can be.
  • God is life and life is full of surprises
  • It's okay to cry but more importantly its okay to laugh.
  • I've been blessed beyond measure by my husband and children who encourage and believe in me even when I don't believe in myself.
  • Being there is more important than empty words of wisdom.
  • I still don't like dark chocolate.
  • Nothing replaces family.
  • I am surrounded by friends who speak truth into my ears even when I don't want to hear it.  Friends that won't give up on me.  Friends that challenge and inspire me like nobodies business.
  • I am able to love myself & others, forgive myself & others, and allow God to do the revealing and healing.  Repeat as needed.
  •  I am the least of these in desperate need of the ONE who knows me better than I know myself.
  • I'm ready for 2014

So what is your word for 2014?  It's not too late you know.  I have to admit I was getting a bit anxious for God to reveal it to me but reveal it he did.  

"For we were saved in this hope, 
but hope that is seen is not hope; 
for why does one still hope for what he sees?
 But if we hope for what we do not see, 
we eagerly wait for it with perseverance"
  Romans 8:24-25 NKJV

My word for 2014 is:

2 comments:

  1. Julie I love every one of your blogs. Looking forward to what you share about becoming in the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the encouraging words Amy, they mean more than you know!

    ReplyDelete