Monday, April 8, 2013

30 Things: #3



As I was pondering how to approach number three, pet peeves, in the 30 Things About Me series, I came to the realization that I could go on and on about things that peeve, uhmm, I mean concern me.  Some refer to these as pet peeves, what's up with the word, pet peeves anyway?  Here's what I found, Urban dictionary  defines peeves as: an irritating experience caused by others in which you cannot control.  Wiki Answers defines pet peeves as:  something that upsets your sensibilities to a higher degree than normal.  Maybe I'm being a bit rebellious, but I have decided that I don't really like the phrase pet peeves, it sounds angry to me, like I have a right to even be peeved about anything, events, people, place.

I have decided to go with the word, concern.  According to ARDictionaryconcern is defined as: to relate or belong to; to have reference to or connection with; to affect the interest of ; to be of importance to.  For example, when bubble gums loses it's flavor so quickly, that's a little more realistic to me.

Why Six, why not Five or Ten or more?  Since I don't want this post to become a rant, all I can say is whats wrong with Six?  


Things that Concern Me:
Top 6

  1. Saying mean things to each other, especially to children.
  2. Taking credit for something that you shouldn't be taking credit for.
  3. Anything or anyone that is all negative, all the time.  I don't think I need to give much explanation to that. 
  4. Cursing...if you have even the smallest grasp of a language there is no need for cursing.
  5. Going along with the status quo.
  6. Lack of commitment to follow through, don't stop trying.  Who knows something amazing could be waiting for you at the end!

Photo: www.bridgesconsultancy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment