Wednesday, April 10, 2013

30 Things: #4

What is your favorite/most unique pet and why?



I have always loved animals, well most of them anyway.  I still am not extremely fond of horses they are VERY LARGE and have VERY LARGE teeth!  Sorry all you horse lovin' gals, its just my perspective.


My favorite pet would have to be a dog.  Dogs are great because they are always glad to see you, they don't care if you are a mess.  Here is a picture of my favorite dog, Barney.  He was a Boston Terrier who had a heart of gold, I sure do miss him!!





We have had fun raising lots of different critters: fallow deer, pot-belly pigs, ducks, geese, miniature donkeys, miniature horses, wallabies, various birds.  Raising them was a lot of work but it was even more fun.  We had school groups and Girl Scout troops come by interacting with and learning about the different animals.  Here is a picture of a pet deer we had named Noah.  We bottle fed him from the time he was 2 days old when we realized his mom abandoned him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment