Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2013 ~ A Year Of Choices

Yogi Berra said it like this, "If you come to fork in the road, take it."

It's already the fourth week of January, and I haven't blogged about my word for 2013.  I have heard from a few of my friend and read several other blogs and everyone pretty much seems to be on a timely schedule announcing their word for the year.  Which for some of course, would be the beginning of January not dragging in with only nine days left in the month.

But then again, it really doesn't matter when I select my word.  For me, it's a matter of first of all selecting my word and then branding in into my memory so when the Arizona heat hits it won't be gone like an ice cube sitting on the scorching pavement.

Are you ready for the big reveal?  My word for 2013 is.......Choices

 I don't really want to get all legalistic because that would take away the beauty.  It's such a simply perfect word, don't you agree?  From the moment I open my eyes until the moment I fall asleep, I am given (for the most part) an opportunity to make:

CHOICES

"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, 
between blessings and curses.  Now I call on heaven and earth 
to witness the choice you make.  
Oh, that you would choose life, 
so that you and your descendants might live! 
 You can make this choice by 
loving the LORD, your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him.
  This is the key to your life.  
And if you love and obey the LORD,
 you will live long in the land the LORD swore 
to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."
Deuteronomy 30:19-20




No comments:

Post a Comment